The child died after her father picked her up from kindergarten, attacked her mother and leads a police chase, sheriff says.

The father was in a standoff with law enforcement before he was arrested, and the badly injured 2-year-old was rescued, investigators said.

HARRIS COUNTY, Texas. A 2-year-old girl died on Monday after her father picked her up from kindergarten, attacked her mother at her work, then led a law enforcement chase. Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez.

How did it happen

Gonzalez said that around 10 a.m., a man showed up at his daughter’s day care center and told her to pick her up. It is not known if the man was authorized to do so, authorities said.

He then went to work for his daughter’s mother and allegedly threatened her into giving him her phone, Gonzalez said. The man reportedly told the woman that if she didn’t hand over her phone, he would harm their daughter, officials said.

According to Gonzalez, the man held his daughter the whole time and the woman tried to grab her, but that’s when the man hit the woman several times in the face before fleeing with the child and the woman’s phone.

Deputies were called to work for the woman, where she told them what had happened. As soon as MPs learned it was a child, officials said they immediately began tracking the woman’s phone and enlisting other agencies to search for the man and the two-year-old girl.

Soon the man’s car was seen near Greens Road and Northern Highway. The man refused to stop, leading several law enforcement agencies in a chase that eventually ended near a church on Stuebner Airline Road near FM 1960.

Although the chase ended, the man refused to get out of the car. At this point, according to Gonzalez, the two-year-old was still with him.

The negotiator was able to speak to the man and learned that the 2-year-old was seriously injured.

According to Gonzalez, the man and his injured daughter were pulled out of the car with a distraction device. The man was arrested and the two-year-old was immediately given CPR until Life Flight arrived, authorities said.

According to Gonzalez, the child was taken to the hospital, where she later died from her injuries.

According to Gonzalez, the child may have been injured from being thrown in the car because it was likely not wearing a seatbelt. According to him, she had some injuries on her body.

Investigators said they were looking into the current status of the relationship between the man and the child’s mother. It is not known if they were ever married or if they just ended their relationship.

It is not known if the man has a criminal record, but Gonzalez said he would face multiple charges.

FOLLOW KHOU 11 on social media for updates on this and other important stories: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | YouTube

Content Source

Dallas Press News – Latest News:
Dallas Local News || Fort Worth Local News | Texas State News || Crime and Safety News || National news || Business News || Health News

Related Articles

Back to top button