Sienna Vaughn’s parents describe her as a typical teenager.
“She was just a really fun 16-year-old,” her mother, Stephanie Vaughn, said.
One night spent with a friend at their house took a tragic turn when she took a fentanyl pill.
It was her mother who found both teenagers unconscious in Sienna’s room.
“I immediately knew that something was wrong,” said Stephanie Vaughn. Her lips were already starting to turn purple. It was just the worst nightmare any parent can go through.”
Now they have a mission to save others from the same.
“The reason we went public is because we didn’t know,” said Stephanie Vaughn. We didn’t know this thing existed. Turns out they thought they were taking Percocet.”
The Vaughns don’t want other kids to make the same mistake as their daughter.
“That’s what’s so tragic about it,” said her father, Ryan Vaughn. She has no opportunity to learn from her mistake. Therefore, we hope that other children can learn from her mistake. Even those who didn’t know her.” It affected those who know her. But we’re talking to you to try and get the message out to everyone in the community so they can talk about it with their kids.”
Plano ISD has sent a letter to parents and is conducting fentanyl awareness workshops.
The Plano Police Department also hosts a fentanyl drug forum.
They have a list of panellists to share valuable information with parents and teens.
“Make sure parents are aware of the new trends that are happening and what to look out for when an overdose may occur,” Plano Police Public Information Officer Jennifer Chapman said. Drugs.”
It’s all efforts to get this message.
“Have a tough conversation with your kids now,” Vaughn said. – It’s not fun. But the more you do it, hopefully they’ll have that moment of hesitation before they take this pill.”