California Motor Carrier Law | california globe

The California Public Service Code contains the “Interstate and Foreign Vehicle Carriers of Household Goods and Passengers Act” found in Section 1 Chapter 1 Title 2. PUC Section 3901 names this law.

Section 3902 of the PUC prohibits household goods carriers from engaging in any interstate or foreign transportation of property for reimbursement on a motor vehicle without first registering the operation with the Public Utilities Commission or carrier’s base state of registration if it is not California. To register with the Commission, a carrier must comply with the orders of the Interstate Commerce Commission under the Interstate Commerce Act, unless otherwise provided.

Section 3903 of the PUC states that carriers of household products registered with the Interstate Commerce Commission are not required to file another initial application. Section 3950 of the PUC provides that any person or corporation must operate or cause to operate on the highways of this state any motor vehicle for the carriage of property or passengers for compensation in interstate commerce without first complying with the requirements of this law.

Content Source

California Press News – Latest News:
Los Angeles Local News || Bay Area Local News || California News || Lifestyle News || National news || Travel News || Health News

Related Articles

Back to top button